Equestrian Life at BOH
It’s a wonderful life for members and their horses here at the BOH!
Our 40 acre park-like property nestled in the heart of Bloomfield Hills provides the ideal location for the busy equestrian. This very convenient location allows for more quality time in the saddle while eliminating the stress of a long commute. Our staff and trainers assure that all riders, from beginners through advanced, enjoy the equestrian experience.
Our amenities include:
· Two indoor riding arenas: one with new footing/base in 2013 and new heat in 2014.
· Two outdoor riding arenas: both newly reconstructed in 2014 with new footing/base, automatic sprinkler systems and fencing.
· Daily horse turnout is provided in 16 grass pastures or 2 sand paddocks with automatic sprinkler system.
· Wide perimeter grass and interior sand pathways allow for 2 or more horses to stroll casually together.
Our Stable features:
· Boarding for private member horses and BOH school horses
· Under one roof, a 68 stall barn with 12’x10’ stalls with rubber mats over asphalt
· 7 grooming stalls with horse vacuums available
· 2 wash stalls with hot/cold water and heat lamps
· Spacious heated Tack Room with trunk storage, tack cleaning area with sink
· Stable Office, Laundry Room, and Rest Room (all heated) are also included in our facility
Our Stable Management:
Our management team works closely with the trainers to provide the best quality horse care. Members can focus on their enjoyment of the equestrian experience thanks to the many available services.
Co- Managers: Jenny Priebe and Jenny Ritz
Co-Assistant Managers: Melissa Wagner and Brandi O'Sullivan
The professional trainers at BOH are private contractors approved by the Stable Committee and Board of Directors to train at BOH and serve the equestrian needs of the membership.
· Hillside Farm: Heather Irvine owner/head trainer USHJA certified; Tammy Nimbach assistant trainer, USHJA certified; Katy Dasch assistant trainer. Kelsey Wickham assistant trainer Hunter/Jumper/Equitation
· George Lyn Farm: Jennifer Brown George owner/trainer. Hunter/Jumper/Equitation
· Top Line Enterprises: Judy B Kelly owner/trainer. Dressage